Wednesday, July 18, 2007

One Strange Micronesian Story

My younger brother, Tony, put this story on his blog recently...


So, we are driving back from Colorado yesterday (Friday). This leg of our drive takes us from Omaha, NE to home. The challenge of that drive is staying awake through all of Iowa (sorry to all of you Iowa fans...). This drive was much more interesting than usual, however.

Soon after entering Iowa I saw an airport fire truck being hauled on a flatbed headed west. That was somewhat interesting. But my interest was greatly heightened when another one came by and I had time to read it. It said Palau International Airport. Since my brother lives in that area, I found that interesting. A little while later another one came that said Chuuk International Airport. Even more interesting since my brother has visited the island of Chuuk. Then, much to my surprise came another one labelled, Pohnpei International Airport. Pohnpei is where my brother lived! Just for good measure, one more came back headed for Kosrae International Airport.

I was transported from the cornfields of Iowa to the Pacific Islands as I drove. And even though my brother couldn't be at our family reunion with us, I obviously thought of him the whole drive home! What are the chances of encountering the world of the Micronesian Islands in the middle of Iowa?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, that is AMAZING. Makes you appreciate the quirky and simpler things in life!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home