Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ohma Gosh

Monday after work I rode my bicycle down to Malem and asked around for who could lead me on a hike up Mount Ohma.

I was recommended Hamilson, so today Hamilson led me up Mount Ohma.

Mount Ohma is about 1000 feet high and has a great view of the island, Lelu Harbor, Utwe Harbor and the mighty Pacific Ocean. It is the second tallest mountain on the island.

I brought a flashlight along and on the way I explored some of the caves that the Japanese dug in preparation for the US's attack during World War II. They really did a lot of digging in that mountain!

Thank goodness it didn't rain, but it was still a muddy, steep and windy path through the jungle. Coming down was even more challenging, but I stayed on my feet despite gravity's attempts to force me onto my butt.

That was five hours of my life.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
At the store the other day I found a Chinese cleaning product called "Labour." Way to call it like it is, China! No "Easy-Off" or "Magic Clean"; this is WORK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home