Thursday, July 05, 2007

Barney, Baseball and Booze

Yesterday afternoon Helen and I took a walk from her hotel, the Nautilus.

We began walking down the beach where we saw a huge pile of purple. As we approached, we saw that it was BARNEY, washed up dead on the beach!!! Actually, it was a Barney doll with all it's insides torn out that washed up on the beach. However, I prefer to think that there is a school of Barneys swimming the ocean and one of them strayed from the pack and washed ashore on Pohnpei.

We walked across the causeway to Lelu island where we explored the Lelu Ruins. These ruins are similar to Nan Madol in Pohnpei, but they are easier to access and have informative signs. They aren't as extensive as Nan Madol, either.

Then we strolled around Lelu Island. I bought an ice cream cone at a little shack for 50 cents. We asked the girl in the shack who owned the yacht that is parked in Lelu Harbor and she said that we do! What a pleasant surprise. Honestly, though, I heard that that yacht belongs to the 364th richest person in the world. I wonder what number I am?

As we walked along we passed a group of children playing baseball with a tennis ball. One of them hit a line drive right at me. So I caught it. Then, amidst the pandemonium of the game, I threw it to someone who looked like a first baseman. I think we got the batter out, but I'm not sure. Everyone was too busy laughing at me.

After strolling around Lelu, we went to the harbor and hopped on the boat for the sunset cruise (aka "booze cruise"). It was a beautiful sunset over the Sleeping Lady.

After the cruise I walked Helen home and then I rode my bike home. Didn't I make a resolution yesterday about riding my bike at night? I just can't count on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home