Monday, July 16, 2007

MY weekend, you can't have it

Saturday I went out in the Pacific Diver boat for another snorkel excursion. This time the Pacific lived up to its name: it was very placid (or is that passive?).

Some divers were along on the boat and while I was snorkeling I saw them below me, 40 feet or so.

So I spent about fifteen minutes playing in their bubbles. Sometimes there are millions of them and it is like being in a huge chandelier. Sometimes the bubbles come up really big, like upside-down bowls. When I slapped them with my hand they sounded like timpani. Very cool.

After the snorkel, I relaxed in the hut by the ocean. I like to watch the clouds come in over the Pacific Ocean. They remind me of dogs: as they approach the island, they all feel the need to sprinkle on it.

I also bicycled to the store to buy some Corn Flakes ($5.00 for a box of Indonesian Corn Flakes, heavens!). Often when I go shopping, little children follow me staring. This time a little kid kept yelling something to me. Another guy told me that he was asking "how are you?" So I asked him how to say "fine."

Sunday I went to Lelu Church. They were having communion. I was disappointed. Last week they had communion while I was at Utwe Church and it felt to exclusive and snobby. But I was touched when the server stopped in front of me and offered me bread yesterday!

That was my weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I thought of you over the week as I drove through Iowa. Check out my blog entry to see why!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home