Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Baseball Puzzle

I'm taking a break from my tropical island adventures to honor my younger brother who is very excited about an upcoming opportunity to throw a baseball around Comerica Park (sounds like the parking garage at a bank to me).

So I have made a baseball puzzle. The blanks in each sentence can be filled in using a two-word baseball term. Sometimes the sentence structure will force a comma to fall between the two words which wouldn't normally occur in the baseball term. I'm a sports moron, so the answers are fairly common.

Example: The train made a ____ ____ in Dubuque. Answer: short stop

1. The runaway girl moved into the ____ ____ by the Sisters of Mercy.
2. The driving instructor said, "When you see the white ____ ____ on the right side of it."
3. Ma and I watched ____ ____ his new airplane.
4. When you hear the tornado ____ ____ the clouds carefully.
5. The movie star let his stunt ____ ____ the exploding car scene.
6. Since he was feeling ____ ____ Drakula stopped drinking blood for a while.
7. The farmer hoped he had chosen the ____ ____ in which to plant his corn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Wow! I'm honored to be honored!

What a fun puzzle. So far you've stumped me on just one of them (although #6 took me a little while and I'm not totally confident about #3). I can't seem to figure out #4. It may be because it is 11:30pm and I'm suffering from jet-lag. It does bug me though!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I just got it! Yes!

That was fun...Thanks!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home