Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend Stuff

Friday afternoon I went out kayaking. After going through the mangrove channel, I paddled around on the Palikir side of the lagoon.
Three birds were flying around me like maniacs. Diving to the surface of the water and back up into the air. These were the best photos I could take of them. It is difficult to photograph birds, particularly when you are also dealing with a kayak paddle. They don't sit still, either.

It is easier to photograph a mangrove pod (seed?) with it's cute red cap. These area common sight floating around, but still pretty.

Saturday I spent a rainy day on Nahlap Resort Island. But there's no such thing as a bad day on Nahlap. The rain can't stop me from snorkeling and eating!

Sunday afternoon I helped organize a concert at the PMA Church. It was a piano concert performed by two JICA Volunteers (JICA is the Japanese equivalent of the US Peace Corps). All I had to do was MC, thank goodness.

To advertise the concert, I had a ad put up on the new sign at TeleCom! You can see it on the picture above, although it is in the process of changing to the next screen. That sign lends a touch of Vegas to Kolonia's bland main street.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home