Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Valentine from Uncle Sam?

Thank goodness for the United States Embassy in Kolonia. They provide such useful services, such as guards to question you when you turn your car around in their parking lot.

They posted an job advertisement outside the Palm Terrace Supermarket (“super” seems a little extreme, maybe I should call it an “OccasionallyAdequateMarket”) that I noticed yesterday after I went shopping.

They are hiring a secretary. According to the flyer, this new secretary would assist the ambassador and DCM. THAT’S ME!!!

I was shocked and thrilled by this new service that was being offered to me, thanks to the US taxpayers!

Then I realized that DCM did not refer to my initials, but to the Deputy Chief of Mission. Bummer, I have to do my own filing after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home