Friday, February 23, 2007

The Devil's Kiss

At the risk of sounding obsessed with the creatures in my house, here is another posting about them. I seem to have dozens of geckos in my house recently. Perhaps it is because a house is being built out of the shell that is attached to the south side of my house. Perhaps the construction is driving them into my place. Anyways, here are a few of my favorite geckos...

Nice design, dude.

Ain't this guy cute, he's cleaning my peanut butter knife!

**********************************************************************************
Okay, now for the excitement. On Thursday night at about 11:00 pm I got bitten by a centipede! Thank goodness it was just a baby, because people go to the hospital for adult centipede bites. I caught the culprit, so here is a photo of him in a jar.
I was in bed sleeping when I felt a sharp pain on the side of my head. He bit me on my scalp right next to my left temple. I jumped out of bed, turned on the light and found him and put him in a jar. Then I tore the bedding off the pillows and bed in fear that there were more centipedes. It was about two hours before I dared to go to bed again.

As I mentioned, centipedes' stings can seriously hurt people, so I was lucky. But my head ached all night and through the next day. It may have just been my imagination, but I felt like my left eye kept going out of focus every now and then, too. I'm fine now, though. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger David Meyer said...

Ouch! Be careful, Brother.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home