Friday, March 09, 2007

What to Do When Gravel Is Dumped Behind Your Car

Nothing is better than spending Friday morning working from home. Then making a leisurely lunch. Then looking out the window while washing dishes and seeing this...
SURPRISE! A dump truck is depositing a pile of boulders behind my car! The construction workers decided not to tell me. I guess I won't be driving anywhere soon. What to do? Of course, I hopped in my kayak, paddled around the northern tip of Kolonia and took a picture of this...
Peeking above the trees you can see the German Bell Tower. Built about a hundred years ago when the Germans were colonizing the island. It was once attached to a big church, but the Japanese blew it up during World War II. Now it stands alone and is one of the oldest structures in Micronesia (besides Nan Madol, of course).

Then I paddled under the causeway bridge...
And down the Nett River.

My other option was to do what Nina did:
Fall asleep in the dirt. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Your stories are too great Dan! So how long will your car be blocked in? What in the world are they doing with the rocks?

Thanks for your blog. I love it!

Blog

10:09 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

What are the rocks and gravel for? My house is built on landfill, and as part of the construction next door, they are adding more land.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Mucho Mistrust said...

all that sleeping is going to nina's belly!

she needs more exercise, dan. if she is going to keep her kate moss figure, she'd better WORK!

i miss her and the boys so much...

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home