Friday, August 31, 2007

Keeping the Dream Alive

If living on a tropical island is so nice, is it possible to transfer that existence to the United States? I can't do anything about the weather, of course, but there are other things within the realm of reality.

Here are my strategies:

1. Stay in more frequent contact with friends: texting, calling, visiting.
2. Watch the sunrise. Thanks to the polution in Baltimore, the sunrise is quite beautiful. It's like a coffee commercial.
3. Say hi to everyone when I go running. People at Lake Montebello (where I go running) are so nice, they often say hello to me before I say it to them.

This morning some guy was rollerblading around the lake while playing the recorder. He played Greensleeves and Oh What a Beautiful Morning.

Oh What an Annoying Thing to Do

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Dan,

I'm pretty sure I know the identity of the annoying, recorder playing rollerblader that you encountered while running this am. [It's a small, small world.]
I know how you feel about recorders!

Jan

9:39 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

If you ran next to him and engaged him in conversation, you would save a lot of people the annoyance while actually going beyond your goal of just saying hello to people while you run.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home