Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Classical Life

Last night we were treated to a concert by the internationally-known classical pianist Roman Rudnytsky. I think he is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the most widely traveled classical performer - more than 80 countries.

I helped organize the concert and I think it went off rather well. We had a good crowd (many of them were my students) who seemed to appreciate the music. I thought it was so refreshing to have the energy of a live performance, a rare occurrence out here.

He played music by Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Herrarte, Debussy, Mussorgsky, Liszt, Rachmaninoff and Gottschalk. He performed on the spinet at the Pacific Missionary Aviation Church - one of only 3 playable pianos on island that I know of.
His Micronesian tour has included performances in Guam, Saipan and Tinian and Friday he will travel on to Kwajalein and Majuro. What a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home