Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tan Dune Dan

Folks, including myself, may often complain about the inefficiency of things out here in the Pacific, but there are exceptions. For instance...

Tuesday morning I went to re-register my car and the entire process took ten minutes. That includes filling out the paperwork, checking the car, going to the treasury to pay the fee and getting a new registration paper. Wow! That would never happen at a DMV in the United States! And they even gave me a new name: Tan Meyer. I must have been in the sun too long.

On another note, we had a Singapore National Day party in our nahs last night. There is a student from Carnegie-Melon University doing an internship at the College who is from Singapore. So now there are two Singaporeans on island including Rohaizad. Finding ingredients was a bit like a scavenger hunt. We had to go to several stores to find garlic and we managed to track down the last two (elderly) onions on island. So we had to run the National Legislature to pick up the two little onions from a lawyer working there.

We had a good group of people over and had a good time.

Today Janhabi arrives back here from Canada. Finally our group of friends will be complete again!

1 Comments:

Blogger David Meyer said...

You made me laugh tonight, Tan Dude Dan. Another great story from your adventures on Island.

What I really want to know, though, is what you were trying to find ingredients for that would require garlic, two onions, and two Singaporeans (ooh, I'm not sure that is really a word).

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the friends are all together again. What a great group!

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home