Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fill Up and You Don't Have to Pay

You may be surprised to learn that there is a point at which I WILL wash a car. I reached that point yesterday.

Before I will wash a car, two criterion must be met:

1. The car must have actually changed color.
2. The car must belong to me (sorry, I won't wash your car).

My car fulfilled both of those criterion yesterday.

After being gone for two months, my white car had become green and black. There was actually mold (the black kind) growing on the mold (the green kind).

It was a rewarding experience to scrub the mold and watch it run off the car. Ahh.

So my little bread box is sparkling white again, at least for a couple of days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I always love doing projects that show clear change as well - very satisfying. (Unfortunately so many of them have to be done over and over and over, like dishes, bed-making, car-washing, etc. Have we been cursed like Sisyphus?)

- just wanted you to know that although we haven't listened to the CD in a while Caleb was singing the line " . . . in Kolonia town" over and over as he sat in the living room and built with legos this morning! You've made quite an impact!

3:03 PM  
Blogger David Meyer said...

What! No before and after pictures? I sense a song in the making. Welcome (back) to Micronesia, Dan! What a great story.

Brother David

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home