Saturday, July 19, 2008

Conquering Bukit Timah

Since my days in Singapore are numbered, I've made a list of things I want to do before I leave. One thing is to climb up Bukit Timah.

Bukit Timah is the highest point in Singapore. So tall that it took me 25 minutes to get to the top!

Here's what I saw on the way...

A vine climbing a tree:

A cave:

The summit!

A mere hectare in Bukit Timah Nature Reserve contains more tree species than all of North America. Take that, North America! Here are some of the trees:

A boring part of the trail:

A stream:

Back to civilization:

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I just posted a long comment, and when I hit "publish" it disappeared.

:-(

This post may inspire me to put one up in defense of North American trees - actually, I would restrict myself just to California. :-)

Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home