Monday, July 07, 2008

A Weekend in Kuala Lumpur

Rohaizad and I took the bus to Kuala Lumpur on Saturday morning.

Everytime I drive out of the country, I am amazed at the differences between Singapore and Malaysia. Singapore looks like the world's hugest college campus with miles and miles of dorms. Then you cross the border and enter into rolling hills covered with jungles and palm oil plantations as far as the eye can see. So lovely!

Anyways, we went to Kuala Lumpur mostly to see the play Air Con, written and directed by Rohaizad's friends.

It is so refreshing to see graffiti! I don't know what it says, but it is a sight for sore eyes after being in squeaky-clean Singapore.

And our first stop was at the goring pisang (fried banana) stand, with some breadfruit thrown in too. Droolicious.

After the play, we hung out with Rohaizad's cool artist friends in Bangsar until three a.m. Yet we managed to wake up the next morning and stagger over to the park.

The reason we went to the park was because they were doing a free Butoh in the Park performance, and what Sunday morning is complete without some drooling and staggering around? I enjoyed this Butoh performance much more than I thought I would. It was relaxing and pleasant outside and the performers were fun to watch.

Then we ate lunch and hopped on the bus home. Before leaving Kuala Lumpur I snapped a shot of this building. I think it is beautiful in an unextraordinary way.

It will probably be my last trip to KL for a while, and I will miss that place. It is one of my favorite cities in the world!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Air Con. Not to be confused with ConAir, the action movie starring Nicholas Cage as a convict about to be set free from prison.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home