Sunday, June 08, 2008

A Delicious Pretence

For those of you following my compositional career, I have a performance coming up in one week.

On June 16 my musical A Delicious Pretence will be performed at The Esplanade:

It's being produced by Five Foot Broadway.

I don't know anything about this theater company. I gave them the script and the music and now I have nothing to do with the production. I think it's a pretty fun show, though, even though it's only 15 minutes long. Here's the ad (sorry about all the typos on my blurb, IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!).

The show is a pretty traditional "boy-meets-girl, boy-loses-girl, boy-gets-girl-back" story, set in Singapore. It has five songs:

1. DesperateSearchForLove.com.sg
2. Could This Be Love?
3. I Hope That I Didn't Keep You Waiting
4. Chendol Wendell of Sec. One
5. Maybe It's True

My friends make fun of me because they claim I'm obsessed with chendol, and now that I've written a musical in which it features so prominently, I'll never hear the end of it. For those of you who don't know what chendol is, here's a photo. It's a delicious desert.

I'm starting to drool now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home