Friday, May 30, 2008

Things I Saw Yesterday

While I was on my morning run yesterday, I heard a rustling in the bushes beside the trail. This is nothing strange, monkeys and lizards are constantly frolicking in the jungle. But when I looked I saw a huge ARMADILLO coming out of the jungle!

I stopped to watch as this shocking beast lumbered onto the path (he had no fear of me) and waddled away. Whew, what a hideous creature!

At least in the evening I saw something more beautiful. Rohaizad and I went to the show The Architecture of Silence at The Esplanade.

This was a joint production of the Slovene National Theatres Opera & Ballet and the Singapore Festival Orchestra. I really loved the music (Mozart and Preisner's Requiems) with live orchestra and chorus along with dancers. I don't know much about dance, but the images were arresting. It is rare to see such extreme creativity in Singapore which made it all the more exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home