Monday, May 26, 2008

A Quick Look Back

Last summer I taught music at the Kosrae campus of the College of Micronesia.

In this busy, noisy city I am thinking back of the hours reading books on the shore, bicycling beneath the palms and singing with the angels themselves.

I didn't post any photos last summer, so here are a few snapshots...

While climbing Mount Ohma I snapped some photos of Lelu.

Looking the other direction from Mount Ohma, you can see the village of Utwe. Once I was in a boat going on a snorkeling expedition and got caught in a huge storm near Utwe. Scary stuff.

Bully Hayes' pirate ship sank during a storm in this bay (it's still there) and legend has it that he took his treasure ashore and buried it. No one has been able to find it yet; but if you ask me, being on Kosrae is treasure enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home