Saturday, May 17, 2008

How Glad Am I Not to Be on Pohnpei NOW!!!

A PLANE CRASH at the POHNPEI AIRPORT!!! Thank goodness it was only the tuna plane. But still, this means that the airport is closed. I would have a huge case of island fever if this had happened while I was there.

The last time a plane crashed in Pohnpei, they had to wait for the FAA to show up and investigate before the airport could be re-opened, but when there's a plane on the runway, you can't FLY the FAA in, so they had to wait for them to arrive by boat!

Helen and I used to kayak to the ends of the runway to watch the planes land and take off. We were nearly VICTIMS!!!

Thank you to Ben, a friend of mine in Pohnpei, for sending me these photos.

2 Comments:

Blogger BNNPNI said...

You can find more photos of the crash at http://www.fm/bnn.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Oh my!! By boat?!

This sounds like it has the makings of a sitcom:

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip . . ."

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home