Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tuesday

On Tuesday I relaxed around my hotel, The Blue Lagoon Resort. I did some snorkeling and swimming at their beach, which is pictured above. While I was floating in the water, I was almost hit by a jumping fish. I think he was just as scared as I was when he jumped out of the water and saw me there, but when he landed in the water right in front of me (going pretty fast!) he barely managed to swerve and avoid me.
The hotel explains how to behave, but there were a lot of bikini swimsuits there! It always surprises me to see people sunbathing. Over the past couple of years, I have learned to avoid the sun as much as I can.
Tuesday night I went to a Mortlockese celebration of 100 years of the Liebenzel Mission on their islands. Hundreds of them gathered together after the ship arrived from the Mortlock Islands earlier in the day. I spent 5 hours listening to beautiful choral singing. Unfortunately the music was having it's soul sucked out of it by blaring Casio accompaniments. The electricity kept going out, but it never went out during a song so the keyboard could be silenced. Bummer. The photos turned out rather dark, but here is a shot of one of the choirs performing.

I arrived back at my hotel around 11:30 at night to find the gate closed and padlocked. I was a little nervous as I stood there and guys starting wandering up to me. Security arrived after about 5 stressful minutes and I returned to my maximum security resort.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home