Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Clutch Cable and a Side of Fries

Advance Australia Fair! Friday night was the big Australia Day celebration at the residence of the Australian Ambassador. Being an authentic Australian celebration, we enjoyed “shrimp on the barbie” and beer, beer, beer. Those Australians know how to have a good time and do it in a noisy way. God bless the Down-Under.

Saturday night our local rock band “Wetter than Seattle” performed at the Rusty Anchor Bar. My friend Helen now sings with them and she was great! I stayed there pretty late, but I was glad to get out of the house, ‘cause I had rented “The Descent” and just finished watching it before I went up to the show. Disturbing. The band was a lot of fun, though.

Sunday I spent the whole day on Nahlap Island Resort; hiking, reading, schnorkeling, eating, sleeping and singing. Traveled there with Damien, Mary, Shaun, Helen, Ben, Jo and Eileen. The whole day, seven hours of it including the boat ride, cost $4/person, wow!

My car has new brakes in it, but now the clutch cable is on the verge of breaking. My mechanic said I paid too much for my brake pads, and recommended I order my clutch cable from Joy Hotel and Restaurant. I wasn’t sure I had heard him correctly (he has a strong Japanese accent), so I approached the front desk with trepidation and asked to order my car part. But sure enough, they ordered it for me and it should arrive next week. Where else in the world do you order auto parts at a restaurant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home