Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Strange Doings Are Afoot

Yesterday at 12:30pm I was walking from my office to the Administration Building, a five-minute walk.

It was pouring rain, so when a college van pulled up next to me, I gladly jumped into the passenger seat.

The driver was a maintenance employee. As we were riding, he turned to me and said, “Are you missing anything?”

“What do you mean?” I replied.

“Like your cell phone?”

“Huh? How do you know?”

“Because I have it.”


”What? How?”

“I found it on the side of the road. I left it at my house today, but I will bring it tomorrow.”

And, true to his word, he was at my office door at 8:30 this morning with my prodigal cell phone!

Don’t ask me how it got onto the side of the road, I hadn't been walking or riding my bike with it when I lost it.

And how did he find it? I didn't lose it at school, I lost it near my house in Nett.

Yesterday was the first time I have ever accepted a ride between my office and the Administration Building, and it happened to be him that picked me up.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home