Wednesday, February 01, 2006

That wacky 11:00 class!

My 11:00 class must be cursed or something. On the first day of class a ceiling tile fell on my head. And yesterday I had another example of remarkable timing.

It was their first keyboard test yesterday, so they all had to play the piece they've been rehearsing on their keyboard one at a time.

After we were all organized, I called the first student to be tested. Since I play the accompaniment while they play, I count off four beats before beginning.

When I counted four beats for that first student - one, two, three, four - as if it were timed, the electricity went out.

My classroom has no windows, so when the power goes out it's pitch black and we lose the air conditioning. Of course the electric keyboards are useless.

Half the class laughed, some of them cheered and others sighed with relief. I was with the laughing side, but I was still glad that the power came on a minute later so we could begin testing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home