Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Abandon Island! Abandon Island!

Okay, classes have been done for more than a week now, but here I am still on Pohnpei. The college campus seems deserted, so many people have left island. I have friends who are now in India, the United Arab Emirates, Arkansas, the Philippines and Japan, but I'm not leaving for my Singapore vacation until Christmas Eve.

Why? Because graduation isn't until December 23!!! Since I play the piano for graduation, people would notice if I'm not there. So, while other teachers can escape, I'm stuck.

But it's probably for the best. Rohaizad has been sick, so this gives him time to get better. Plus, there have been some pretty wonderful dinner parties at Jen and Janhabi's houses.

We are flying into Manila's International Airport late on December 24. We plan to spend the night in Manila, then find a bus on Christmas Day to go to Clark Airport, where we'll fly the discount Tiger Airways to Singapore. We'll see if everything goes as planned.

But for now, I'll just continue feeling like the only teacher on island. Poor me, what a victim!!! Just kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home