Monday, August 11, 2008

International Weekend in New York and New Haven

This weekend was a Micronesian reunion in New York City.

I arrived by bus on Friday and met Jen from Australia. We went to a Cuban bar and spent a few hour catching up.

Around 7:30, our Canadian friend, Janhabi showed up. We went out to a Chinese restaurant, then to a French wine bar.

At about 3:00 am we said goodbye to Australian Jen who was flying off with her Canadian friend, Melissa.

Janhabi and I went to her Argentinian friend Alejandro's apartment and slept for a few hour.

After a late brunch on Saturday, the three of us went to PS1. Here are some photos of the place...

Creepy bunny exhibit:

Me, blending in:

While strolling through the place, we walked into one room and a video started playing showing the Singapore Complaints Choir.

Then Janhabi and I took the train to New Haven. After she showed me around town and Yale, we ate at an Indian restaurant and then met up for tea with my Singaporean friend Tian Hui who is just beginning his studies at Yale.

On Sunday morning I took the train back to New York City to catch my bus back to Baltimore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home