Monday, November 19, 2007

The Story of Some Shoes

Baltimorgue is in the past now. The students did a great job last night and the audience seemed to love it. The first readings of Baltimorgue were at the Creative Alliance in 2001. The first performance was at Artscape in 2004 and now the Institute of Notre Dame has performed it in 2007. If the pattern continues, the next performance will be in 2010.

But anyhow, today I want to talk about a pair of shoes that is stressing me out.

I needed a new pair of walking shoes, so a few weeks back I went to the thrift store and bought a pair for ten bucks.

The first time I wore them, my friend Don told me that those were really expensive shoes.

I didn't pay him much mind, but then last weekend I was at the store and a guy walked up to me and asked me where I got the shoes. He was flabbergasted when I told him that I got them at the thrift store. According to him, they sell for $800 and if I were walking around in Brooklyn, people would kill me for them.

Now what am I supposed to do? I can't wear them while walking around town anymore. Maybe I should sell them on ebay. Here is a photo of the stupid shoes.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben and Jo said...

Wow! I say sell them on eBay for a couple of hundred bucks, go buy a nice $20 pair of shoes from KMart, and use the difference to treat Rohizad to an afternoon at Raffles!

But, more importantly.... what is the STORY of the shoes?!? How did they end up in in a thrift shop?

Did they arrive via a jealousy fill spouse gettin' back on their cheatin' man by throwing away their pride and joy?

Did they belong to a celebrity who could only be seen wearing the same shoes once?

Perhaps they were stolen in Brooklyn and then the kid's momma made him get rid of them?

Were they given away by a rich man trying to pass his camel through the eye of a needle?

I think there is a musical in this.....
Jo

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home