Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Getting Away from Atoll

It's about time I put up some photos of my two weeks on Ailuk Atoll in the Marshall Islands last August.

Here are some local children:
 

There are no motorboats on Ailuk. This is Rice, the owner of this sailboat. I paid him a pack of cigarettes to sail me to the northern-most island of the lagoon. On the way he did some fishing.
 

Taken from the northern-most island of the atoll, this photo looks south toward the rest of the atoll islands.
 

I stayed on the second floor veranda of a house overlooking the lagoon. Here is the view of a sunset from my veranda:
 
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Awesome pictures Dan! I love the one with the sailboat!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

By the way...did he do his fishing by hand? It sure looks like it!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home