Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ascension Island Arrives!

After a year of work, the musical “Ascension Island” got it’s first public reading last night at the College of Micronesia.

During the past year Jonathan and I met monthly to go over what we had written so far.

We have manipulated the words and actions of the characters; giving them songs and taking away songs, killing them and bringing them to life, naming and renaming them.

But last night, for the first time, they got flesh and blood and spoke and sang out to the world.

Of course, this is only another step in what is a long and continuing process. But it was a fun step.

Thanks to the cast who pulled the whole show together in five days!

2 Comments:

Blogger David Meyer said...

Awesome! Let us know when it arrives stateside. We wouldn't want to miss it.

David

2:59 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Yeah, I'm still bummed I didn't get to see "Welcome to Micronesia". I still listen to the CD often when I'm at work, though. Dan, weren't you going to send a DVD of the production so I could see it too? Any chance of that happening?

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home