Sunday, February 21, 2010

Up from the Diamonds

Friday night my choir performed at the Fourteen Karat Cafe. On Fridays I'm usually too wiped out to stay up late, so I had no idea people had so much fun on Friday nights!

The cafe is in a dark basement downtown with about 20 candlelit tables and a small stage in the corner. The show began at 9:45 with a collection of 3-second film clips of people saying "let's get out of here". That was followed by a stripping contortionist accompanied by accordion.

Then we went on stage and performed "Skipping through the Mall", "Tell That to the President", "As Soon as I Get Home" and "You've Just Met Gary". It was the best audience we ever sang for; they were so into it! What kick in the pants!

On the opposite side of the spectrum, this afternoon I went to the Rite of Election at the Cathedral. I love the variety in my life!

I got home in time to go running around the lake for the first time since the blizzards. There's a whole stand of evergreens that fell down in the snow, they smelled so nice, like Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home