Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Intermission between Snowpocalypses

During this brief lull between the blizzards, it has given me time to ponder the strange behavior of Marylanders during snow storms. I'll admit that they are predicting a serious storm tonight and last weekends snow was quite heavy, as evidenced by this fallen tree:

But c'mon, it's been three days; dig out your car already! Especially if your car says, "I'm delivering flowers, be right back!"

Even the robins are in on the madness. Not only could this fellow not be bothered to migrate, he seems to be waiting in the tree in my front yard for me to shovel his nest out. Ain't happening, dude.

Grocery shopping before (or between) storms takes the cake. What's with the mad rush on milk and toilet paper? Does snow accumulation cause people to crave dairy products? Do people wipe more often during blizzards? Or perhaps they are covering their driveway with toilet paper so they can just lift the snow away instead of shoveling. I hope they are using two-ply paper.

As you can see, the shelves are looking pretty bleak. There were no eggs or butter left and the sauerkraut case was empty, too. Huh? It reminds me of being in Micronesia when the delivery boat hadn't been around for a few months.

It looks like I won't be going to work all week. I guess I'll go drink some milk.

1 Comments:

Blogger waterspider said...

Love it! LOL.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home