Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ich in Deutschland

It's about time I stop posting pictures of flowers. So here are some pictures of me in Germany.

I landed in Frankfurt Monday morning and spent the first day lounging along the Main with millions of Frankfurters, all in various states of undress.

Tuesday we went to Wiesbaden and sight saw. Here's me getting on the train there-to...

In the evening we went to Stadtroda, where Amy lives. Cute and tiny and smelling like a farm.

There are cliffs along the road and along the river that are have these doors in them.

Quite spooky. Add that to the isolation, pitch black nights and the insane assylum next door and you've got the making for a great horror flick!

We took a daytrip to Erfurt. Cool, cool city. We toured the 900 year-old cathedral. Here are the tombs in the floor.

And here is me with Sandmännchen, that would be the Sandman, who lulled me to sleep.

Today we went to Leipzig and visited the homes of Bach and Mendelssohn. I forgot my camera though. I'll get the pics from Rohaizad later.

And finally, I would like everyone to know what a pain in the neck it is to type on a German computer keyboard. The Y and the Z are in opposite places, the dash is moved, the apostrophe is replaced by the Ä and other delightful annoyances. I keep tzping Mezer, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana Lee Ling said...

Wie geht es ihnen? Ich bin ein Kolonier, aber ich kann nicht Deutsche gesprachen. Trinken Sie ein gutes deutsches Bier oder zwei für mich.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home