Saturday, March 07, 2009

OK

I returned home today after four days in Oklahoma City. Do you know, the wind really DOES come sweepin' down the plain? The wavin' wheat, however, does not smell sweet downtown.

Here's the hotel I stayed at: "Hotel Beer." Just kidding!

I was there for the American Choral Directors Association National Conference. I also walked past the bus station.

The memorial for the terrorist bombing was amazing! I discovered it on my first night there and was moved to tears. This big wall marks the time that the bomb went off.

The choir people did a peace concert at the memorial. There were a bunch of kids doing some pseudo-butoh during the concert, which I thought was unneccesary. The memorial is so powerful, it doesn't need anything to distract from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home