Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

Rohaizad went to Woodlands early this morning to do a workshop at Republic Polytechnic, so I rode the train up there with him, but went on further. I got off at Kranji and took the bus to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.

It was almost exactly like the mangrove swamps of Micronesia! The only differences were that this area was much smaller and had boardwalks and observation decks. Here's the swamp from one of the observation decks.

In Micronesia it was a pretty rare experience to look down a mangrove channel and see another country. In Singapore, however, I looked down this channel and saw Malaysia.

Flowers and things were growing in the water!

I ate lunch at a little cafeteria on a deck over the water. In the water were about six ginormous lizards like this one. While I was eating, one of these dinosaurs attacked another one. I almost choked in fear on my nasi goring!!!

I didn't see this sign until after I ate lunch. Bummer, all I had was chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home