Monday, November 27, 2006

Odd & Ends

It’s been such a long time since I’ve written. Here is what happened since my last entry.

On Wednesday night/Thursday morning (November 22-23) we had a huge wind storm. The waves from the ocean were spraying my house and the roar of the wind sounded like it was going to take the roof off. Fortunately, the only harm was to the patio furniture which blew out of the nahs, across the yard and into the pond. Did you know that patio furniture sinks? What a pain in the neck.

Thursday was Thanksgiving in the USA, but the FSM doesn’t celebrate it. I taught classes all day and in the evening there was a big potluck at Steve and Uta’s house. It was a blast, and extremely international, too: Canadians, Micronesians, Australians, Americans. Great food and a wonderful evening.

Saturday evening was Quiz Night. We were the returning champions from last year’s Quiz Night, but only Rohaizad and I remained from last year’s team. This year our team included Simon Ellis, Jonathan Gourlay, Rachel Hollingsworth, Helen Lanctot and Rohaizad and I. We were unstoppable and once again came away with victory! We were also the most obnoxious table.

Tonight is the College of Micronesia Christmas Concert, so I have to get things ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home