Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tropical Breeze

I bought some fabric softener the other day that stated that it smells like a "Tropical Breeze." I was curious, does it smell like jungle rot, mold or pig feces? I haven't used it yet.

Tuesday we had the day off of work for United Nations Day. It was also Idle Fitri, so Rohaizad and I hosted an open house. We had about twenty folks in our nahs enjoying beautiful weather and great food.

This afternoon I accompanied Kristeen McLain who performed at the MITC here at the college. Kristeen is a lyric soprano and a friend of Jonathan's. We did two art songs, two Mozart arias, "Six Waterfalls" from the musical Jonathan and I wrote "Welcome to Micronesia," and a new song called "A Lived-In Face" from Jonathan and my new show.

Kristeen was great! She has a wonderful voice and really communicated with the audience. I've never gotten so much response from an audience for any of the other performances I've done out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home