Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Micronesian Music History

One of my favorite places on Pohnpei is the Micronesian Seminar. You can get to their web site by clicking above - and their web site has some AMAZING slide shows and other information.

They have a library with almost everything that has ever been written or published about Micronesia. Whenever I go there I get lost for hours.

A few months ago I went through their photo albums. They have dozens of albums filled with photos dating back to the Spanish Colonial times and including the German, Japanese and American Colonial eras.

I found all the music related pictures (exluding dance pictures) that I could and had them turned into posters for my classroom. I've posted all five of them below for you to learn a little bit of the history of Micronesian music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home