Thursday, February 16, 2006

Maid in the Shade

Happy Thursday. I teach all day today, 9:30 am until 5:00 pm with a lunch break. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the only days I teach though, so the three easy days make the two days of busy-ness worthwhile.

Plus, I get to rest up on Wednesday evenings. I stop washing dishes after Wednesday dinner because on Thursday morning the maid comes.

Yes, I have a maid. Sarah Sahr convinced me to hire one when I moved out here so I could contribute to the local economy.

My maid is Serlinda, from the island of Sapwuahfik. My house isn't very big, but she does a pretty thorough job cleaning it. And it only costs me $20 plus taxi fare.

Of course I have plenty of time to clean my house myself. It doesn't even get that dirty, since I never wear shoes indoors. But it's fun to relax and have it done for me. I'm glad that I met Serlinda and I think the money helps her, since she is a single woman.

Good justification for my laziness, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home