Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Superstar Existence

Last Friday, April 7 was our third "First Friday Lunchtime Concert Series" concert. With the help of the wonderful performers (Patty Kelly, Susan Kihling (on flute), Kimie Minami, Mihoshi Uneda and myself) we put together my favorite concert so far. Here is what we performed...

"Sans Souci Polka" by Johann Strauss, Jr. (piano duet)
"Scherzando" by Georg Philipp Telemann (flute & piano)
"Galaxy Train" by Saori Iwauchi (piano duet)
"Polonaise in B-flat Major by Ludwig von Beethoven (flute & piano)
"Berceuse" from the Dolly Suite by Gabriel Fauré (piano duet)
Themes from "La Traviata" by Giuseppe Verdi (flute & piano)
"Polonaise Militaire" by Frederik Chopin (piano duet)

May 5 is going to the last concert in the series for this school year.

On Saturday afternoon I played the piano for a wedding at the Catholic Church in Kolonia. It turned out to be a big wedding (a Nagasoni marrying a Neth). Standing as a witness were Betwin and Merleen, the couple who live in my family's old house in Toto, Guam! What a coincidence.

Sunday we spent the day at Nahlap Island Resort (Rohaizad, Jen, Janhabi, Helen and Jonathan). It was a perfect day: snorkeling, eating too much, floating in the ocean with a beer ... life doesn't get better than Nahlap. Unfortunately I forgot to put the memory card into my camera, so I didn't get any photos. I think Jonathan took some, so I'll post them if they turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home