Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Look What the Dog Dragged In

Our dogs are constantly bringing stuff into my yard. Usually it is dirty diapers, empty Spam tins and shoes (LOTS of shoes). But last night I got home to discover that they had left the shell of a giant tortoise in the yard!

It is about two feet long and one foot wide.

I have mixed emotions about this "gift." It is a cool thing to look at, but it really stinks! It smells like dead fish. It's also endangered, I believe, so it's illegal to transport (not that I'd want to pack that stink-bomb in my suitcase).

One of these days I'll dry it out in the sun and try to get the smell out then I'll hang it on a tree or somewhere else outside the house.

It's a very macho-looking thing. Perhaps I should invent a more macho story of how I got it. Yeah, how I wrestled the giant, alien, vampire tortoise for three hours before I subdued it and kept it from attacking the innocent islanders. Yeah, tell people that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home